Friday, May 2, 2008

New family members and other critters

Introducing: Bandit the newest addition to our place.





Here is the latest member of the family. His name is Bandit and he is an old fellow who is gentle and sweet. He was owned by a 90 year old man who was ready for a new horse. We are in the process of fattening him up and this is Tess riding him. He actually belongs to Rhonda and Tess and the perfect horse for them. They just want to go trail riding and Tess is just getting interested. If Dana looks at this, this is a surprise for Rebecca and Autumn, and the other kids too. By the time they get here he will be ready for pony rides. This picture was taken the first weekend he was delivered and he already looks better. He doesn't seem to mind the sheep and the dogs like him too.





















These are the ladies from out back............................and Ron and his dogs, Butch and Honey. There are others, but I don't have their pictures handy. I'll have to take some of the other dogs and the numerous cats who live here too.
I am still struggling with the lace shawl and will not give up. and I am almost done with the Dutch tie shawl I am working on. And of course I have started another pair of socks.

I continue to spin "Freckles and have about 1125 yds of yarn so far. I don't know what you need to make a sweater, but will spin until I finish all of it from last years shearing. (I hope to be done before this years shearing comes back from the processors. )


Spin on....................................Sheena

2 comments:

knittingknottieme said...

Hi Sheena, you have great pics here. Tess is getting so big, wow! The kids will have fun when the come out this summer. Does the 90 YO man still ride?? Just thought I would check in to see what you're up to. Going to Chloride for a townwide yard sale with Phil today. Love ya, Amy

Love Interwoven said...

Thats an awful handsome husband with some awful handsome doggies.