Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Another shearing done at last!

We got to shear our last sheep today. Well, now it was yesterday.
The weather was cloudy and over cast and that made it perfect. Every thing went really well and we were done in and hour and a half. That made it our easiest yet. We still need to work on the stantion because it doesn't fit the different breeds that well, but we are still learning so I think we can get it right before the next time. In October the three long hairs, Dolly, Gabby, and now Ebony will need to be sheared. But in the mean time we can enjoy the fact that it is done for now.

We are getting ready for another trip. We are going to Phoenix to meet Dana and the kids. We are bring the kids back with us. We are all very excited. Ron hasn't seen the little kids in over a yea and a half and the bigs ones since last summer. We will have a big time. I know Reese doesn't even remember being here and we babysat him three days a week. Ron took care of him and Grace (both now three) on the days I worked all by himself. We relly miss all the kids being here. We were very fortunate to have them all here for so long, I know. We were just spoiled.

The pictures are of Gabby before and after the shearing,, but I can't seem to get them to stay where I want them. I am tired of trying.

I worked on my lace shawl again last night and it is coming along very slowly. I can't imagine ever getting done, but I will keep trying. I am more than half way through clue 1. Ther are 5 clues, so I have a long ways to go. I am learning a new skill so I really need to be patient. Easy to say, hard to do.

I wound a bunch of sock yarn to get ready for knitting at work when the phones are slow. I am trying a pair on #2's this time so that will be slow go too.

Spin on...........................Sheena

1 comment:

Love Interwoven said...

So glad you get to see the grand kids. I can imagine how much you misss them. Have fun. xo Sue
P.S. She just wanted special treatment thats why she was so good.