Saturday, March 8, 2008

My Swatch for Mysticlight KAL

I finished my swatch for the Mysticlight KAL. It took me three tries, but I finally did it. I'm still not sure if it is right, but close enough. It looks like the picture I saw. I'm sure there are mistakes in it, but I have a couple of weeks to practise and that is just what I will do.



Mine is smaller than the sample, but I guess it doesn't matter. My shawl will be smaller. Maybe I will try a bigger needle. I love the yarn and know I will use this shawl.

Today I spent the entire day in the car. We went to recycle tires in Campo. It was a long hard drive in the truck with a trailer behind full of tires. We got rid of about 60+ tires. Don't ask. why would someone have that many tires. Long story. Anyway it took all day, but I took my knitting with me and got a good start on the BSJ (Elizabeth Zimmermans Baby Surprise Jacket.) I am knitting it with worsted weight yarn on size 9 needles so it will come out big. So the day wasn't a total loss.

Ron's Mom's eye is doing well. She had a procedure done on Tuesday to try to stop the damage to her left eye that is being caused by a vessel that is leaking. Anyway, we went back for a recheck on Friday and all is well. Now we just wait for 5 weeks to go back and see if it is working. We are still doing drops every four hours until tomorrow. (Sunday)

Can you believe it. It is already time to turn the clocks forward. It stays light late enough for me, but I know everyone likes more daylight. I just get more tired, everyone expects to get more done because there is more time. Right!

Spin on........................................Sheena


No comments: