Saturday, March 1, 2008

Back to Reality (Shucks)

Well, we are back home. I always have mixed feelings about coming home. Sometimes I like living in a fantasy world. Coming home to reality is hard. I really do miss my house and all my classes and friends and like the feeling of coming home, but it was so nice and warm in Las Vegas and it is very cold here. Spring comes early to the Desert. There were lots of wild flowers on the hills on the way home. Very pretty. After all the rain the hill sides are green. This is the best time of year for this area. The rest of the year we are pretty brown. I took this picture from the freeway while moving. Turned out pretty good, but still doesn't do it justice.




I almost finished a pair of socks on the trip and am trying to make myself finish before I start anything new. It is so hard to do. I usually have new ideas and want to start another thing before I am finished.

Today I had a meeting in Del Mar to get ready for the 2008 San Diego County Fair. It was a meeting for the Demonstrators and was a great kick off for this year. I always start getting excited about the fair when we start meeting with the people who will be involved. This years theme is "Summer of Sports" It will be great fun.

After the meeting I followed our secretary to a yarn shop in Encinitas. I had never been there before and probably shouldn't have gone today. I did find some really pretty yarn to use for the Mystic Light KAL to start later this month. This will be my first and I am not quite sure what to expect. I am going to try it anyway. I haven't knitted much lace and have never followed a chart before, so it will be challenging. The colors most people are choosing has somthing to do with fire. I didn't understand that before so I have chosen something glittery and smokey grey because it is something I think I will use. I'm going to use it anyway because I like it. I'll have to take a picture of the yarn.


Well, spring has sprung at my house. My daffodils were all in bloom when I got home.

Spin on........................................Sheena

No comments: