Thursday, January 3, 2008

They made it.....Praise God!

I talked to Ron at about 10:00 their time last night and it was so great. They had arrived at Lansing, Kansas at about 8:00. I am so relieved. They were having problems with one of Brian's cars and I was really afraid they would have to do something else. Like get the car fixed or buy a new car, or rent a u-haul and tow his car. Anyway, they made it and Praise God. The weather held and all is well.

They picked the keys to the new house and Ron says it is a Mansion!! I know it will be wonderful for the kids in the long run, but they are upset now. Missing friends and worried about a new school. I know it is hard, but they will work it out and be OK. Plus, Brian won't be gone anymore, so that will help a lot.

I got a lot done yesterday, so I am loafing today. I know I have to get some of my knitting and spinning done so I can go back to classes next week with a clean slate! Ha ha. I will go back to classes anyway, but I do want to get some of these UFO'S done so I can move on. I want to make some hats for Barb and the kids. They will need them now. Ron said there was 4-6 inches of snow on the ground. Brrrrr I'm cold just thinking about it. The high today is suppose to be 39. I don't believe that is a high. Sounds more like a low to me. I know we are spoiled here, but it's all what you get used to.

I finished spinning my royal blue wool, and will ply it tonight. I am finishing up a bag I knitted and still need to felt it. I have yarn all wound to make me a sweater (for Christmas). I guess it will do for next year. I hope to get some of this done today!!! Better get busy.

Spin on.............................Sheena

No comments: