Tuesday, January 1, 2008

New Year.......2008 can you believe it?

Well, it is now 2008. Where did the year go? I can't believe how fast that one went. Seems like only yesterday I was trying to remember to write 2007 on my checks. I'll never get it right.

I am making black eyed peas and ham for New Years dinner. I think I will make some cornbread too. My In laws really like cornbread. Ron is gone for about 10 days to two weeks. He is driving cross country (half way any way) to Kansas with Brian. Brian's back was so bad when he got back that he could hardly walk. So Ron is driving one of his cars, Barbara is driving the other one and Brian is reclining in the passenger seat. He is still miserable.

They have been having car trouble with one of the cars. The one Ron is driving. The Explorer is having transmission trouble. They are crippling along, so I hope today goes well. The problem is Brian has a time limit. He has to report in on Friday. His Classes start on Tuesday of the following week. They also need to get there to sign Escrow Papers for their new house. Oh well, once they get there all will be well.

When I talked to Ron today he was freezing. It was 20 degrees and the wind was blowing. Suppose to warm up to 60 today where they will be driving. I thought 60 was a low, not a high. It is about 73 here although the Santa Ana winds are blowing and they are kind of cool. I didn't even need to build a fire this morning. Ron was so worried about me being without fire wood because his saw wouldn't work. He ordered some from some guy and they delivered it yesterday. I'm all set, and he is freezing!

I have been cooking all day. I made some egg salad for lunch, and of course the black eyed peas. I also made some vegetable soup. I plan to start back to ww next week. I think I have to stay on some kind of eating program or I just gain weight.

I am working on a felted bag I started in Alabama. It is Noro yarn and knitted in mitered squares. I love it. I am working on the handle right now and then I will felt it. I can't wait to finish it. I was going to give it for a Christmas present, but that didn't happen. Maybe someones birthday. I will work on some royal blue roving tonight. I started in class before Christmas, and worked on it some at Loraine's last Friday night.

With Ron gone I am doing all the animals and really enjoying it. I use to feed all the animals until he retired and then he took over. I kind of miss it, but I can go out there any time and visit the animals. So we are getting reacquainted.

Spin on........................Sheena

No comments: