Monday, January 28, 2008

A New Adventure in Knitting!!

I am half done on my first knitted clog. I am so excited. The girls in our Machine knitting class that have knitted them are helping us that haven't done it yet. I am knitting mine out of "Sophie". The yarn I hand spun from one of my sheep. It is really bulky and felts really well. I found it easier than I thought it would be. I know all that sock knitting has help a lot. The short rowing was not as hard since I have done so much of it knitting socks for Christmas.

I got a new camera yesterday. A digital so I can put pictures on my blog. Of course I don't know how to do it yet, but when I learn I will really have fun putting pictures on. It has all kinds of gadgets and I need to practise first. It came with all the stuff to download to the computer and to the printer. Can't wait to really master this.

I am spinning some roving I got from my roving club "Spunky Eclectic" you can find it at www.spunkyhats.com. I really like their stuff and I get a new fiber to play with every month. This month is Icelandic Wool, which I have never spun before. It is grey over died with blue and green splotches. I think it is something I could do with some of my roving from Sophie. I'll see how it spins and then decide. I really have been wanting to die some of my roving, but it is too cold and damp right now. It would never dry. Maybe as it gets warmer I can try some. I also think I will keep on spinning and then dye some yarn. We'll see.

We have been trying different fibers in spinning class and that has been very interesting. Some things you think would be easy and not and things I was afraid to try have been easy. Who knows??? It's fun to try.

Spin on...........................Sheena

No comments: