Thursday, January 17, 2008

A lot done this week!! Knit Spin Basket classes

I have had a great week. Got a lot done and made it to all my classes. In machine knitting we learned to knit an ear flap hat for adults. I have knitted a baby one, but we have never really perfected an adult one. I haven't tried it yet, but will tomorrow.

At spinning class we got some luscious alpaca roving to try. It is so yummy, soft and puffy. I can't wait to try it. I have spun some Llama before and they are similar. This is a creamy beige color. Maybe I will use it in a hat for my self. I love to knit hats. Almost as much as socks. I have been making hats to send to the new Kansas transplants. They need them, they are very cold.

At Basket class we finished the first of a three basket set we are making. It is so wonderful. It stands about 10 or 11 inches high and has a big handle. Two more smaller baskets sit inside and it will be a great knitting/yarn basket (what else).
I can't wait to finish the others and use them. This is a fun class, and I wish I could take the class in the spring. We will begin working at the races before it is over. Oh well, there is always next fall.

Our precious Butch has been sick. He is a beautiful Golden Retriever and the first dog I actually raised from a puppy. He has a horrible rash called Hot spots and is very uncomfortable. It isn't deadly, but really miserable. We took him to the vet and have lots of medicine to give him for a time. He is on the mend and we are really glad. My DH was so worried. He is his buddy. They work together on all kinds of projects.

It's really cold tonight so we have a fire going. I think it will freeze tonight. I am going to go curl up and knit on my scarf. It is my television knitting. I am making it out of some of my hand spun. It is Dorset/mohair blend and very creamy off white and very fine. I sometimes wish I would have started a shawl with it, but there's more where that came from.

Spin on................................Sheena

No comments: