Friday, August 29, 2008

Summer's Over


I keep trying to get pictures to show how the chickens follow Ron across the yard. It is so hilarious I can't believe it. Every evening we let them out an hour or so before dark so they can free range and get bugs and green grass for a while before they head back to their chicken coop. They run out and follow after Ron. At first they didn't go very far because it was unfamiliar territory, but now they don't care. They follow him all over the yard.

















This is the last week of Horse Racing. We have 4 more days, Wednesday Sept 3rd is the last day for this year. I'm ready. I can't wait to sleep in. I can't wait to spend time with my sheep and work on my plants. I am really anxious to get to my knitting machine. It has been so long and I really miss that.
This has been a great season and I will look forward to next season. I always miss it at first, especially the people. There are some really nice people there and I always miss them.
We will be leaving on a road trip very soon. I'm not sure of the exact date yet, but we will be heading to Kansas to see Brian and his family and then to Alabama to see Dana and her family. I have never been to Kansas and Ron has never been to Alabama. I know we will have a good time, because we both love road trips. I have a couple of fiber places I want to see along the way. Like I need more fiber. Oh well, I love it.
Ginger said I should say:
Sit and spin on...........................................Sheena

1 comment:

CC said...

Looking forward to seeing you again in Spinning Class. Seems like you've been gone a long time.