Tuesday, August 12, 2008

DA DA.......................FRECKLES' SWEATER FINALLY FINISHED


Here she is in all her glory. I am not a photographer, but I am a knitter. This is the first sweater I have handknitted from my own sheep's wool that I also hand spun. I started when the fair started and finished this week. I tried to take a picture of the ribbing with cables detail but it still doesn't do it justice. I love the feel of it and I know I will be able to wear it this winter.

I am really proud of this one. Now to spin the wool from Isabel's first shearing this last spring and make something from her wonderful fiber. I have 10 sheep now, so I need to speed it up. I have lots of ideas too.

Spin on........................................Sheena

5 comments:

CC said...

That is such a BIG accomplishment - a sweater where you raised and sheared the sheep, washed and spun the yarn and then knit it all yourself! I'm proud to be your friend!

Those sheep in pajamas are sure cute.
Miss you too; looking forward to the end of racing season when you two come back to class.

Take care,

Anonymous said...

Oh My GOSH!!!!!! I'm so proud of you. Your sweater is absolutely wonderful. Great job on all those cables.YOu knit it really fast too. It's going to look even better on you than on Freckles. What an amazing accomplishment,to see your work come full circle. I believe its "the" way things were meant to be.
Feel Proud !!! I can't wait to see you in it. Beautiful!!!!!!!
Blessings Sue

Mary-Kay said...

WOW, WOW, WOW, excellent job Sheena.... I love that you...

a. Have your own sheep
b. Got the wool processed
c. Spun enough for a sweater
d. KNIT THE WHOLE SWEATER

I LOVE IT!

Man, I miss you Sheena. You are an inspiration to me!!!

Anonymous said...

You should be proud! It's beautiful!

Anonymous said...

Way to go Sheena. The sweater is really really nice. I love doing cables, don't you? You are doing great! Love, Amy PS, I forgot my password, had to go anon.