Friday, December 21, 2007

A Sugar Storm in the Kitchen

Wow, first thing this morning (6:00am) I was making Rice Crispy Squares. Ron ask for them which surprised me. I didn't even know he liked them. I made some not too long ago and they were a disaster. This time they worked out perfect. I made two batches and sprinkled red and green sugar on them. They are really pretty. Very easy too.

Next I made some fudge. No nuts, for Ginger and Ron. I still need to make some for my Mom with nuts. I like the one with nuts too, but if I make it for me, I will eat it all, this way I can share with my Mom and eat half as much. Last year nothing I made turned out right, so this year I am making it early in the morning without "help". I seem to do much better that way.

I am knitting on a pair of socks I started a long, long time ago. I was trying to learn to knit with two circular needles. I got about three inches done and really don't like this technique. Maybe someday I will try it again, but for now I am back to double pointed needles. Did I mention that there were two being knit at the same time. Yeah, I give! I think it is a great idea, but I don't have the skill yet to do that.

We had our last spinning class on Wednesday and I have been looking forward to the break. We brought things in that we no longer wanted, roving, yarn, unfinished projects or what ever, as long as it was fiber related. I took in some roving I didn't think I would want (it was so hard to part with anything cause I love all my stuff) and I am proudest of the fact that I didn't bring any thing new home.

I have my fudge done and tonight I will be making some English Toffee. My personal favorite. It's beginning to smell a lot like Christmas around here.

Most of my spinning is waiting to be turned into something. I really need to get busy knitting. I made two hats last night on the knitting machine and will try to do some more tonight after dinner.

Spin on...............................Sheena

No comments: