Thursday, December 13, 2007

Getting Ready for Christmas, making goodies

Well, I have finished the last slipper sock for my grand kids for Christmas. I have a couple of other things I am working on, but have plenty of time left to finish. Now I have to start baking. Well maybe I don't have to, but I want to. In fact it is my favorite part.

I have been spinning a lot lately too. I am finishing up a bunch of 4 oz bumps I have in different colors that I have bought over the last year. It is so fun to see what they become. Even if I don't like the roving, I seem to always like the yarn. In fact I usually love it. I hope to use some of it in some felted bags I plan on making. I have lots of ideas and am ready to get started. I have about 5 or 6 pounds of my Lincoln wool spun up. Can't wait to see how that turns out. I could make a sweater, but probably won't. I also want to over dye some of it. Blue of course.

I have all my Christmas decorations out, and the house looks festive and wonderful. I love Christmas and all the colors and lights. This is the first year my husband has really got involved. I don't know if it is because he finally has time, or because he just feels better this year. Anyway, it has been great fun and I don't care why.

I really miss all the kids, but am getting better at being away from them. I am looking forward to them coming in the spring. Oh!!! my chickens are laying eggs. I can't believe it. They usually don't start laying until the following spring, but they are laying now. I started with one a day, and am now up to 4 a day. What fun!!! The kids will be so happy when they get here. I can't wait. I have been making Ron Egg Mcmuffin for breakfast. He loves that.

It is really cold the last couple of days, especially at night. I guess it is suppose to be, after all it is winter. I'm glad I don't have snow. I would freeze.

Spin on...................Sheena

No comments: