Saturday, December 15, 2007

Christmas party for spinners

Well, last night was the Christmas party for the spinning group that I go to. It is at Lorraine Powell's house. She is the local Shepherdess and has a flock of about 60 and also has goats (angora) and meat goats. There are several ladies who meet every other Friday night and the third Thursday for the day time group. We bring our wheels and some people bring knitting and sit around and visit and either spin or knit. There are plenty of people to help if you are just learning and it is really great fun. I never want to have it end.

Last night was no exception. There were a couple of ladies I never see anymore who came last night. It was so good to see them. A couple of them were affected by the fire and still trying to get back to normal. I really feel for them, we are so blessed. All together there were about 8 of us, that pretty well fills up the room. Lots of talking and hot apple cider and everyone brought something to share to snack on.

I got a brush to put on my drum carder. It is one of my Christmas Presents. I can't wait to get busy with that stuff after Christmas. I am going to blend some wool mixing colors and fibers. Great fun for this spinning girl.

Spin on..............Sheena

2 comments:

knittingknottieme said...

Sheena, you still make me tired just reading your blog!! s
Sounds like you are ready for the holidays. I'm in Amarillo, TX heading out for Maine tomorrow morning. I'm going to try to get the pictures on my blog today. Luv ya, Amy

CC said...

Sheena,
just stumbled on your blog from a comment you made on another blog.

Wanted to say Hi! See you next year in class.

Happy Holidays

Cathy