Saturday, December 8, 2007

Rain Rain we finally have Rain!!!

It started raining on Thursday night late. Really I guess it was Friday night. It rained all day and into the night on Friday. I usually don't like the rain, but this time I kind of enjoyed it. My husband stayed in for a change and we decorated the house for Christmas. This is the first time in a long time that he actually took part. He seems to be enjoying it. We unpacked everything, something we haven't done in a long time also. I am going through all the old stuff and getting rid of the broken things and warp things (there are a lot of warp things). Some things just don't do well in the heat. I had a lot of funny looking candles. Won't pack those away again.

We went shopping last week and bought a new little artificial tree. It has lights on it already and set up in 2 minutes. I love it! It is perfect for us and I have completely covered in all of my favorite ornaments. You can hardly see the tree. There is some green peeking out here and there. I always enjoy going through all of my ornaments. A lot of them my kids made over the years or they have a special meaning because of what was going on in my life at the time.

So today, I have spent the morning doing just that, going through and hanging up the best of the best and remembering all the wonderful Christmases we have had. I still miss those kids, but of course I love the people they have become. The Grand kids have totally taken up the slack. We have had all of them living here at one time, but now half of them are in Alabama.
I miss those very much, but am thankful for the ones who are still here. (the other half). Soon three more are going to move away, so I will only have two here. I do know I am very fortunate to have been such a big part of their lives. I will enjoy the ones that are here, and go on missing the ones who have moved away. Life goes on.

I have been knitting slipper socks for all the grand kids like crazy. Almost done. I need to mail the first 5 this week. I have also been spinning a lot to make yarn for some felted bags that I want to make. I really need to get to making those or they won't get done in time. I will do most of the knitting on the knitting machine. That way I can get at least a few done in time. If I want to hand knit them, I better get busy now for next year!! Ha ha.

Well, I best get knitting and spinning.
Spin on..........................................................Sheena

No comments: