Saturday, August 22, 2009

Yarn for Amy

































I bought this beautiful roving
from Loraine Powell a couple of months ago to spin for my friend
Amy. I have been working on it off and on and am finally
getting enough done that I think there is hope for a sweater.
I have this beautiful book I am going to send to her even if she
doesn't use any of the patterns in it. I love the way it handles hand spun yarn.
One more interesting thing. I dyed some yarn (white columbia from Freckles)
with some of the beet juice from the pickled beets we made. What a surprize.
Never dreamed that bright "beet red" what produce this orange yarn.
It's beautiful, but totally unexpected.







This is just a few of the things I've been doing lately.
I am still trying to catch up on the house stuff. It
will probably take me most of this next year, oh well.
Spin on.........................Sheena

No comments: