Sunday, August 30, 2009

A View of the Races







I am writing about the races today, I want my grandchildren that love horses to see some of these beauties. They are so awesome and magnificent I wish you all could see them up close. The grounds here are so wonderful and compared to other parts of the country, the weather is perfect

I talk to people from every state in the Union that plan their vacation around this time of year, just so they can come to Del Mar. We have had a really mild summer, with some really warm days just starting this week. It was 83 at Del Mar yesterday. I hate to tell you what it was in Ramona. Someone called from Lakeside with 112. It was 99 at 6:30 when I got home from work. I knew we were in for it because it has been cool and foggy in the morning and heating up to about 80 during the day, for August that is cool.

Back to the races. We have been selling tickets like crazy. Everyone from Palm Springs and Las Vegas have been coming to get out of the heat. The beach is within view from the second level of the stadium.

We will be done on Sept 9Th. Then it's time to go back to playing full time. I am really looking forward to moving into my new studio and getting all my wool out to play with. I have been weaving and spinning and even some knitting.

Until then, keep on keepin on.

Sheena

No comments: