Friday, July 18, 2008

Races and Roses



The opening of the 2008 Del Mar Races has happened. The grounds are covered with lots of beautiful flowers and everything is transformed from when the fair was here. The only thing is it really smells like horses around here. Also the flies are back too. Ha ha. Opening day was really big. 43, 456 people came and had a big party. I'm glad that's over with, but there were lots of beautiful girls in there very finest dresses and highest hills and lots of fancy hats.

We have so many flowers in the office. People who have had box seat holders for years send flowers to Arlene, our office manager. She takes good care of them and they send her all kinds of goodies, including See's candy. Yum she shares with us.

I took a couple of pictures of the horses coming through when I had a chance. This was on the way out to my car after my shift. We were so busy in will call that I never did see a race, and I went to lunch at 4:00. Things have settled way down now and the phones are even calmer.

I am finishing up some socks I started before the races and a couple of other UFOs when I have a chance.

spin on.........................Sheena

No comments: