Friday, July 11, 2008

OFF TO THE RACES!!!

The Farris Wheel in the infield at the Fair. This picture is of Weird Al in concert at the Grandstand doing his Anican song to the tune of "American Pie". I love that song and all my grandkids know all the words. That was a very fun concert.






well, the Fair is over and went pretty well. Very fast and furious. I have some great pictures and will add those later. All of my contests went well, and were a lot of fun. My favorite helpers, Valerie and Nancy were AWESOME as usual. I really enjoy some of the people I work with at the Fair. They make it fun. Karalyn and I worked really hard to keep positive even those this was the most negative Fair I have worked in so far (5 years)

That said, I am back at the Del Mar Races and loving it. This is a supper fun job. We are on the phones selling tickets to the races and most people are so glad to have a real person to talk to they are very nice. They are also excited to come to the races. As well they should be, because it is such a fun place.

The kids are still having fun and getting ready to go to camp next week. Rebecca, Tess, And Autumn are going to Camp Cherith with our church group. This will be the high light of the summer for them I am sure. They leave for Alabama on the Monday after they get back. We sure will miss them, but they are ready to go home. They miss their Mom the most and their little sister and brother.

With me working everyday, Ron is in charge of everything on the home front. Today he takes his Mom to one of her many Dr's appointments. They are both still doing well. We have someone from a service coming to assess them next week for some help part time.
He also takes really good care all all my babies with a little help from his right hand man, Elvis, (also known as Autumn.) They have great fun.
As for my knitting and spinning. I started my "Freckles " sweater and am plugging away. I am about half done and found some more of the yarn I spun so I think I have plenty. I will take a picture as soon as it is done. By the way, that is Freckles in the picture with Ron. She has been sheared and I have her wool all processed and lovely.
Spin on ....................................Sheena

No comments: