Thursday, May 17, 2007

yummy yarn

I finished spinning and plying the "Island Reef" I got from Sue. It is simple the best I've spun so far. I don't know if it is because of the super wash Merino, or if it is because the colors are so beautiful. Whatever the reason......I love it. IT will become my next pair of socks.

I have been spinning like crazy and plying up all the singles I have before I get to working at the Fair full time. I have so many loose ends to wind up and am trying to get everything ready to ignore it for a time. Including set up time, it will be about 5 or 6 weeks of solid work. I really do love it and look forward to it.

I carded up all the wool from my Lincoln lamb that I had washed up. It is ready to spin. I will probably take it to the fair with me to spin in the evenings. I love that time. And by the time the fair is over I will have it ready to ply. I am sending the rest off to be processed and hope I will get it back in the fall, when I will be ready to work on it. I just don't have time to do it right now, and can't wait. I still have stuff in my closet from last year that never got done, so I won't make that mistake again.

I have been playing hard, and now it's time to get to work!!!

spin on.....Sheena

1 comment:

Love Interwoven said...

"Sheenaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa", she whined in a most annoying voice."Dang this fair... I misssss youuuuuuu" Sue ;)