Monday, April 16, 2007

Washing a Fleece!!! What fun!

Today I washed some of the fleece that I sheared a couple of weeks ago. I have wanted to send it off to be processed, but had to wash some just to play with it. I have six and a half pounds of White Columbia and four and a half pounds of Black/grey Lincoln. Both are beautiful for there own reasons. And both are from yearlings. This is the first Shearing for the Columbia (Freckles ) Anyway, I washed about a pound of each and have it drying now. I can't wait to play with it.

We have been out of school for two weeks for Spring Break. We go back to class this week. I can't wait. I miss my friends and love my knitting and spinning classes. We are very fortunate to have such a wonderful Adult Education program here in San Diego.

This is the last week I will be home full time. I go back to work the first of next week. I will work at the Del Mar Race Track and then at the San Diego County Fair. It is great fun. Both jobs are a real kick for me. I love the work and I really love being with all the people.

Not much knitting today, but I am spinning on that Cashmere and silk that is half done. It is slow going. I can't seem to stay with it. I will try some more tonight just because I want it done.

Spin On......Sheena

No comments: