Sunday, April 22, 2007

Back to work tomorrow

Today is my last day off for a while. I spent most of it at church and then visiting with my sister-in law. She came up to see her mother who lives here with us. She has been ill, and really enjoyed her daughters visit. I hope she will bring her grandchildren up to feed the lambs. She fed one and seemed to enjoy it.

I finally did the heel of the socks I am knitting. It was just what I wanted to learn how to do. It is a toe-up sock, with the heel done just like the one you do for a top-down sock. I can't seem to master the short row heel, but will keep trying.

I finished the yarn I was making from my fleece from Freckles, my Columbia sheep. I think I will knit some hand warmers with it. I only have 3 ounces, but there is more where that came from. I'm thinking about sending it off to be processed. I really am learning to appreciate yarn and all the work that goes into making it.

I love having the sheep and making yarn from the fleece that I sheared with my own hands. What a trip. I'll be working now until September so I really don't have time to finish all of it.

I made the coolest recipe for breakfast this morning. It is called French Toast made easy. I got the recipe from my friend Karalyn. It was one of her grandmothers. My husband and my mother loved it. So did I. It is one of those things you make the night before and then bake it in the morning. Yummy!!!

Looks like we might get more rain. I sure hope so, we need it. We planted two trees in the yard today. I know they would like some rain. They are Mountain Ash trees that a friend gave me. They have been in a bucket for two years. I bet they will really enjoy stretching their legs. Ha ha. They will give much needed shade in the future. Also, today is Earth Day, so perfect timing.

Spin-on.....Sheena

No comments: