Saturday, June 29, 2013

SPINNING FOR THE TOUR DE FLEECE!

This is the first time I have ever participated in the Tour de Fleece.  You spin every day during the Tour de France and put pictures of your spinning as often as you can.  I have no problem spinning everyday. 

Starting Day 1  this is Colonia Wool in Color Burgundy from Ashland Bay.
I have two pounds of this and hope to make it into something
Day 2  Still working on the Burgundy.

Day 3 Started on some of Kelly's "Rocket Man"  He is BFL spun from the locks.

Day 4 Had to ply some yarn to free up my bobbins because I keep wanting to spin something else.  Either get tired of the color, or just want to change

 

 More Rocket Man and then the plied yarn.

Day 5 & 6 I worked on some of the roving Tammy dyed.  Very nice and a change of pace.


Day 7  Had to work at the races today so I spun on my Turkish drop spindle between phone calls and then at lunch.  A great change of pace.  This will be "mutt yarn"  all different fibers spun one after the other then plied together into yarn.  Always turns out great!


 Day 8 Been spinning on the roving that Tammy dyed.  Can't wait to see what the yarn finally looks like.  Her's was beautiful!

 
 
Day 9 did more spinning on the Tammy fiber, then plied it, washed it and vole.....A beautiful skien of yarn.
 


Day 10 is a rest day, then back to work!!!
 
 I've been spinning more on the locks I got from Kelly
 
Then it was on to the red Moreno I got from Loraine Powell.  I bought this about a year ago and spun one color of red, then lost the other pound.  Found it last week so I have been spinning that for the last 5 days.
Started with my knee getting iced, but I can still spin while icing knee.  Not my best day.
 

Finished a whole pound of Red Moreno tonight.  Day 5 for this.  I can't believe I fit a whole pound on one bobbin.  This is way cool.  I have the other red spun up and can ply it together tomorrow.  I have a really cute jacket I want to knit with this. 
To be continued.  Only four days left I think.

No comments: