Tuesday, November 11, 2008

More pictures of my trip











As we left Colorado we saw so much more open country. Before you get to Kansas, there is the beginning of the Great Plains. This includes the east side of Colorado. Lots of Cattle and some wheat growing there. The landscape became really flat and alot greener that what we had seen in Colorado.







Then we got to Kansas. Wow ! the fields of Sun Flowers were as far as you could see. I have never seen so much yellow, except maybe at Amy's (that is her favorite color) Very little housing or towns that I could see in this part of the country. They must be large farms because they were growing lots of Sun Flowers. I tried to take some pictures from the car, but they didn't turn out very good.


The houses or towns were always off in the distance, but lots of those yellow Sun Flowers. I loved all the green and think this part of the country is over looked and definitely has it's own beauty.
Mostly I knitted along the way. My daughter-in-law's friend was expecting a baby soon so I knitted on my Adult Surprise Jacket and then made baby wash cloths in between. I got 5 done from Las Vegas to Leavenworth Kansas and almost finished my Jacket.
I really started enjoying the freedom we were feeling just driving along and stopping where we wanted to or eating when we felt like it. This was the vacation of a life time. Every other time we have traveled we had a mission and were in a hurry to get where we were going. This was much more relaxing and I definitely want to make another trip.
I am still unpacking and finding things as I go long. I also have more pictures to download. For another day.
Spin on............................Sheena

No comments: