Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Finished Socks, Working on Shawl, Trip coming up.


Well, I finished the socks I was working on and they turned out great. I went to Newton's this last weekend and bought a bunch of really great sock yarn. I don't know why, but I love knitting socks. Probably because they are fast and fun to take along.

I have started the Shawl from Mystinclight KAL and have had nothing but trouble. I really don't have any experience knitting lace, but really want to learn how. I have started and ripped it out three times now. I am determined to get this right . The second clue comes out Wednesday and I will just have to catch up.

My mom and I leave for my sisters on Thursday morning. We are taking the train to somewhere around Monterrey. Hope it is as fun as it sounds. I can't wait to see my sister's new house. We will be going to one of her Grand children's birthdays. I forget which one. We will be back on Tuesday. This is a short trip, but it will be fun.

I have six full bobbins of "Freckles" spun. I hope to make a sweater. I have about 15 ounces left to spin. It will be time to shear them in a couple of weeks. Then I will have more wool than I know what to do with. Maybe I should be planting cotton instead.

Spin on..............................Sheena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Mom,

Your socks look really cool, or should I say warm? Did you take pictures at Aunt Marsha's?

Talk to ya soon.

Love,
Dana