Monday, August 27, 2007

Beautiful Yarn!! What to make??

I finished plying the yarn I spun from "Sophie" Wow, it is so pretty. I don't know what to make. I think something felted. I want to make some slippers. Maybe those clog ones. I also think they would make a really nice book bag for Paige. But I would like to dye some. I think I will get busy spinning some more. I have 1lb & 15.5 ounces. Almost 2 pounds. I have more ideas than I have time to make them.

One more full week and the races will be over. A week from Wednsday. I will be glad when it is over, but I will also miss it. Mixed feelings!!! Such is life. I always miss the people I work with, and also just being busy. I also will look forward to having more time to work on my projects and taking knitting and spinning classes.

Ron will be glad when I am home too, only because he wants food. I am the chief cook around there and they always miss my cooking. I miss it too. I can't wait to have time to bake. I also look forward to cooler weather so I can make soup and stews and that kind of stuff.

I am finally getting the short row heel right. I have to keep practicing so I can remember how to do it. I'm afraid if I wait too long, I will forget. I am making Autumn and Rebecca some slipper socks for Christmas. I am freaked out about the stuff from China, so I am making all of my Christmas presents this year. Everything is from China. I might have to use my own yarn just so I know where it came from. MY YARD!! So funny.

Spin on.......................Sheena

No comments: