Friday, November 2, 2007

Alabama Bound.....Spinning and knitting for Christmas.

I finally got to Alabama after a few frustrating days. I really was glad to get out of the smoke. The grand kids are great of course and we were glad to see each other. The house is so cool and really big. I love the houses here. I think they are all grand. This track if you want to call it that was built in a forest. They only cleared the trees they needed to for the houses and some sort of yard to be. It is breathtaking to look out and see all the trees.



I have been spinning some pink and green corriedale that I got sometime last spring from Spunky Electric. It is named Strawberry Fields. I am inspired by the name to knit and felt a bag for someone in my family. I want to needle felt some strawberries on it. I am more than half way done with the spinning. I am getting so good with my Turkish drop spindle. I think the weight helps me. I want to try other when I get home. I think I finally have the principles down.

I have also been knitting. I have been knitting mitered squares with some Noro I had bought when I was at my friend Amy's. They are so pretty. I hope to make a felted bag out of that also. Knitting with this yarn makes me think I can make some yarn like this. It would be so cool. I will try when I get home. I am also knitting with some super wash Moreno that I spun before I came here into some socks for a Christmas present. So as usual, I have several projects going at the same time. Each takes a different kind of concentration so serve all of my knitting moods. Hope I actually get something done while I am here.

Spin on.....................Sheena

No comments: