Thursday, October 17, 2013

SPINZILLA!

This whole last week was Spinzilla.  Oct 7th thru Oct 13 was National spinning and weaving week.  An organization developed spinzilla as a fundraiser to promote fiber arts and provide mentoring programs for such arts. Some of my friends and I joined teams and then spun as much as we could all week long all over San Diego.

Monday we spun in Karalyn's machine knitting class.
Next on Tuesday Margaret (my spinning teacher) and I went to spin at Summer's Past Farms and they were closed???  So, we went to Margaret's Studio and spun for a couple of hours and had a nice visit.  Karalyn called in sick and Tammy went back to school so we were it for the day.  Got a lot done that day.  I went home and spun some more until bed time.
Then on Wednesday we spun in our spinning class of course.  There were several teams represented.  Kelly, Margaret, Tammy, Terry, Susan and I were on Team Meridian Jacob.  Some others in class, Karalyn for one were on Cotton Cloud team.


 I know I got a lot spun and went to knitting class after and then home to spin some more.

Thursday we met at Lake Muray in La Mesa to spin at the lake to meet other friends to spin.  Karalyn, Margaret , Tammy and I had a spinning good time. 



 

 Then on Friday we went to Two Sister's and Ewe to spin (yarn shop in La Mesa)

Tammy made us tags to hang on our wheels.  And then for the weekend we all went to the Vista Fiber Fiesta!!!
That was great fun.  I helped Gary and Patricia some in their booth.  I spun the fiber that Gary was carding and ended up filling a bobbin with that.




When this weekend was over I had spun 2912 yards all week for Spinzilla.  The goal was to spin enough yarn to reach around the world.  Our team Meridian Jacob spun a grand total of 38,366 yards of yarn.  That's 21.8 miles.  Whoot whoot for us!
 
 

No comments: