Thursday, February 7, 2008

A Very Busy Week

This week has flown by. I went to my machine knitting class on Monday with my felted clogs. They were halarious!! They look like they were made for Big Foot. I came home and felted them again and now they look like maybe a human Man could wear them. I think I will send them to my son. He has big feet and might wear them. After all it is very cold in Kansas. I imediately started another pair for me. Now I am trying the woman's Med. Because my yarn is so bulky it is making them turn out big. The pattern calls for double stands of wool yarn. I made mine with one strand of my hand spun yarn. They turn out way bigger because my yarn is very bulky. I'll find one that will fit me. It is mostly trial and error, but that's ok I have lots of yarn.

This was the last day of my Basket class. I sure wish I could figure out how to down load pictures from my camera so I could put some pictures on my blog. Won't be long, I am reading all the books that came with it and will figure it out soon. My Basket is beautiful and it has three baskets in a set. Turned out very nice. Next semester I won't be able to take the class because I will go to work before the class ends. Oh well, I am ready to take it easy.

Next two Mondays we will not have a class in Machine Knitting. Having Monday classes sure is a drag. All the Monday Holidays interfere. Oh well, I can knit all day instead.

This weekend I have a Knitting Seminar to go to. Can't wait. I have missed the last three that our guild has put on. This one will be really good. The Lady is from Canada and her name is Maryanne Orger. She publishes a Machine knitting Magazine and is a great designer. I'm looking forward to all the new ideas she will bring to us.

In Spinning class we are trying different kinds of wool each week. This week we have Lincoln (from my sheep) and some shetland. I worked on some morino I have from my fiber club and plan on trying to Navojo ply it. This is something I have been trying to practise.

Spin on.................................Sheena

1 comment:

CC said...

The yarn you spun for your slippers produced the neatest curls when felted. They may have been big but I just loved the look of those curls!

Enjoy your Guild meeting, hopefully, next year I'll know enough to attend.