Sunday, March 22, 2009























This is the view through my kitchen window. Ron brought the sheep up to the back yard to eat the weeds. They are as surprised to see me through the window as I was to see them. Now that's a FLOCK!





They really mowed down the weeds. It took three of four days, but they put a big dent in it. What's really funny, is that after the second day they knew where they were going and headed on up with very little encouraging. It was really cute to see them following him up the yard.






See the little white building in the background? That is where the sheep live. They really are far away from their quarters. Look at all that wonderful WOOL. Can't wait to shear again. I must be nuts, I have so much now I probably could spin for years without buying anything. It is a sickness I'm telling you. But what fun!





I'm still spinning the pomegranate for a sweater. Lots more to spin on that one. I finished some sock yarn and dyed it (see last post) and can't wait to start those socks. I spun up some with gold sparkle in it and still need to ply it. I bought the roving from Sherry of Morro Fleece Works at the conference I went to. (see what I mean, I bought roving when I have pounds and pounds.) Oh well, I don't have "that Kind". I'm almost done with my sweater that we are making in machine knitting. A few more rows and then I can knit the button band. Also am still hand knitting a scarf. That's it for now.








It's raining today so our oats are loving it. They have been growing so good. I will take a picture later this week. Everything is so green. (this is the only time of year it is) I dread the heat of summer already. It seems harder to take every year. I don't know if it actually is getting hotter, of if I just am getting whimpy about it. I use to love the heat.
















Spin On.............................Sheena














































1 comment:

CC said...

I count 9 sheep! I never realized you had that many. Which one is the "superwash" Border Leicester?