Tuesday, October 2, 2007

On Vacation ......Knitting with friends

We finally got to go on our little vacation. It is really little too. We were suppose to go for a couple of weeks, but we will only have a few days. We are at my friend Amy's house and then we are going to Las Vegas for a couple of days.

The thing about Amy and I is we have been friends off and on for a long time. We met back in 1972 when we were working for Ross Perrot EDS. We didn't know who he was at the time, but that is who we worked for. We were both "key punch operators", now that would be Data entry. We were young and had little children. Amy is the one who helped me learn more about Crochet and taught me to read a pattern. We had alot of funny adventures over the years. Our lives have drifted apart and have come back together many times. Now we can sit and knit and crochet and talk yarn for hours. We are both grandmothers (she has 17 grandchildren and I have 10), and we both love yarn. We never seem to run out of things to talk about and never get enough of yarn and being together. We just plain enjoy each other.

It feels good to get away for a few days, and then I am ready to get back to my life.

spin on.........................Sheena

No comments: