Friday, October 19, 2007

On the go again!!! Packing up my projects.

Well, I am off to Alabama next week. My daughter needs me to help with the kids while she is working long hours. I hate to leave right now, but can't wait to spend time with the kids. I really miss them dearly. I use to baby sit all of them at one time or another. Of my 10 grandchildren, this family has five of them. I leave on the 23rd and return home on the 14th of November.

My main concern is which projects to pack. I am taking lots of yarn because I am working on Christmas presents. So far I have 4 pair of slipper socks made and need to keep working hard so I can get them all done. Some of them I have spun the yarn for too. That is the fun part.

My friend Amy is here now and we are knitting fools. I taught her the Toe-up sock and the shortrow heel, and we are plugging away. I want to start a sweater for myself, and can't wait for that. I also have a vest I have been working on so that is cool.

In spinning I am practising spinning softer yarn. I think I overdo everything and that includes my spinning. I use to barely ply it and now I think it is over plied.???? What to do? Keep learning!

Spin on.....................Sheena

No comments: