Saturday, July 7, 2007

It's over at last!!! I'll miss it!

The fair is finally over. It was great fun and we had a successful run. We had so many beautiful things to display. My favorite was a cross stitch picture of two imigrants holding hands. They were sweet and done very well. I don't do that kind of needlework, but do admire it.

I started a lacey scarf while at the fair, and am about half done. I also did a little spinning. Some with the drop spindle, and some on my Ashford traveler. I had it in the motor home. The trouble was, by the time we went to the motor home, I was too pooped to pop.

I slept until 7 this morning and it felt really good to wake up in my own bed. I went outside to see all my critters and talk to the sheep. My grandchildren are here and they got baby chicks so I had to visit them too. They have named them all. They are very sweet.

I am planning on starting a bag for knitting. You know, knit a bag to carry knitting in. Isn't that the best???? I can't wait to start. I am going to felt it and then needle felt on it. It will be the best!!! I know I will have time to knit at the races.

I start working at the Del Mar Race Track on Monday. Can't wait to get back. It is such a different job and very fun. I really enjoy both jobs, they are both fun, but again, very different. I will miss the Fair, especially all the people. I feel like I have made some great friends.

Spin on..................Sheena

No comments: