Sunday, January 11, 2009

Oh, forgot about this wonderful Day! HummV Farm




























I almost forgot about the day we visited an Alpaca Farm. It was a beautiful day in Kansas. We got up and ate breakfast and headed out to find the Alpaca Farm. The name of the Farm is "HummV Alpaca Farm." I think the name is perfect, because Alpaca make a sound that sounds like they are humming. I think they do it is they are stressed, but it is very cute.

My Granddaughter Grace (ready to see Alpacas) was so cute watching all the action. These people had shown their Alpacas and had lots of ribbons and awards on display. I talk to the lady that owned them and she had just opened a little store in her garage so we went in to look at the things she had for sale too. I bought three skeins of dyed Alpaca yarn in different shades and combinations of blue. I haven't made anything with it yet, but it is so soft and yummy I will be sure to make something for myself. This was the week end before my birthday so I considered he yarn a Birthday gift.
Haven't gotten much done lately. Working on lots of stuff, just not getting anything "done".
I've been spinning some new Merino and silk I bought at Lorraine's, color Pomegranate, streaky red and white and different other colors. When it is spun it looks Pinky. Very pretty. Also working on some of my Columbia (white of course) just because I like to spin it. I think I will just keep making white yarn. I can dye it or just knit white stuff. I have also been knitting on a Surprise Jacket that has taken forever, because I keep stopping to work on other things. I guess I am having a skitso knitting life for now. I'll take pictures when I finished.
Spin on.....................................Sheena




1 comment:

CC said...

Your Granddaughter Grace, wearing those sunglasses and the huge pick shoelaces - that is such a darling picture! One for the album.

We should get together and start the Skitso Knitting Club - I have a terrible time sticking to one project at a time.