Monday, July 1, 2013

MY ROOM IS SHAPING UP!


We have been working on my room for close to three years.  I finally feel like it is done.  (except for the shower in the bathroom, but I don't care about that.)  I have most things organized and all my yarn up on shelves.  We put up a lot of extra shelves in case of what ever.   I love being in there because I am surrounded by all the things I love. 

My friend Tammy and I spent the morning Friday in my room warping for new projects.  It was really fun and I got to use my new piece of equipment.  It's called a warping mill and it is so much faster than a warping board.  Anyway I am ready to weave for the summer.  I just have to finish getting the warp on my loom.  Ron will help with that, but it is so hot right now we have to do it in the early morning.  Maybe tomorrow.
This is my warping mill.  It is used to measure warp.  This is the first time I have used it and it is very cool.  Makes measuring warp very fast and very easy.
Ron got all my shelves up and I have my yarn out where I can see it and be inspired.  This is my rainbow of yarn. 
This is where all the black and brown live.  Also all the cotton dishcloth yarn.  The door to the left is the bathroom.  I also have a kitchen area for dyeing and washing wool.
My rug looms and some of my favorite flags.  Also the shelves for baskets and other treasures.
Better view of baskets and treasures. 
view from the ladder.  First half
Last half. So beautiful.  At the end of the room is my kitchen area.  You can see the washer there for washing wool and doing some felting. 
Then there are the tubs of wool and roving and some handspun yarn.  Lots of exciting fiberie things.
I have more than I will ever use, but I keep trying to get caught up.  For having so much stuff, I actually know where most of my stuff is.  The tubs are labeled with a number or letter and I have a notebook to tell me what is in that tub. It works for me.




 
 
 

No comments: