Saturday, September 14, 2013

Knitting the Circumnavigated Cardigan!

     This has been such a fun summer.  First off I got to go back to work at the Races so that was fun.  Getting to see all the people I have worked with before and a few new ones.  It was a pretty uneventful season and went way too fast!

     Then we started knitting the Circumnavigated Cardigan as a knit-a-long with my spinning group so I was truly motivated to finish one I had started two years ago.  I did finish it and am moving right along on my new one started this summer.

     The first one was knitted out of Encore, an acrylic/wool blend that I truly love to knit with.  It is machine washable and always looks great.  I usually make the kids slipper socks out of it.  This one was a tweed in Navy Blue. 
 
The new one I am knitting is from Molly's Wool and I am spinning the yarn as I go.  I have part of it done and love the way it is turning out. 
 

The knitting went slowly because it is so much finer that the yarn I used in the first one, but then it will be a lighter weight sweater.  The thing is it is wool so it will be warm.  It does get cold enough to wear this at sometime during the winter so I will enjoy it when that happens. 
 
I did work on a third sweater this summer that I started sometime last year.  It is all kinds of yarn put together to make a stripped sweater that is knit sideways.  I am not sure it will fit me, but it will fit someone.
 
That was pretty much it for now.  I am taking a hand knitting class this semester so I can learn to do better.  We are knitting 42 different stitch patterns in squares and then putting them together in an afghan.  I am using My Isabella's wool plied with My little Moreno "Cotton"  Should be pretty. We have to knit two blocks a week so I will probably struggle to keep up.
 

No comments: